Curtains up for the 4 skiing areas of the Stubaital
To offer you a taste of what to expect in your ski holidays in Mieders, we present here the 4 skiing areas Serlesbahnen Mieders, Stubai Glacier, Schlick 2000 as well as the Elferbahnen in Neustift. Snow is guaranteed right until spring due to the altitude and the state-of-the-art snow-making facilities. The Stubai Glacier is usually open from October until mid-June.
Our “local mountain” is one of the most beautiful local recreation areas in Tyrol. The family skiing area offers almost 6 kilometers of skiing on 982-1,750 meters above sea level. Perfect for pleasure skiers, beginners and the entire family. The Serlesbahnen Mieders skiing area is only 5 minutes’ walk from Hotel Serles. The sunny location and the fascinating view of the entire Wipptal, Stubaital and Innsbruck are a highlight when skiing in Mieders. Those who prefer to leave the skis in the valley can enjoy tobogganing or a winter hike at the Serlesbahnen. Four toboggan runs directly in Mieders guarantee fun and lots of variation. The Stubai snow shoe center in Mieders offers guided snow-shoe hikes of various difficulties, snow-shoe rental, full moon hikes, trips to rustic huts, and much more.
- Most beautiful local recreation area in Tyrol
- Stubai snow shoe center
- Tyrolean specialties for the entire family (Alpine inns Koppeneck, Sonnenstein and Gleinserhof, Maria Waldrast pilgrimage site, Ochsenhütte Mieders, Matrei Ochsenalm)
- Tobogganing, night tobogganing and winter hiking
- Four toboggan runs, including night tobogganing until 03:00 a.m. with huts in service
- Your “local mountain” as a guest in Mieders
- Only 5 minutes’ walk from Hotel Serles!
It is not without a reason that the Stubai Glacier calls itself the “Kingdom of snow”: 26 modern lift facilities, 35 slopes on 64 kilometers and skiing on up to 3,210 meters above sea level. The feeling of wedeling down the 14-kilometer Wilde Grub’n valley run is indescribable. Kids are well looked after at the BIG Family Ski Camp and snowboarders get wild at the Stubai Zoo Snow Park. Freeriders and ski tourers also get their share. There is even a 2-kilometer skating track for cross-country skiers.
- Largest glacier skiing area in Austria
- Guaranteed snow from October to June
- Quick and comfortable ascent with the 3S Eisgratbahn
- Wilde Grub’n 14 km valley run, 1,500 meters difference in altitude
- BIG Family Ski Camp: Childcare from 3 to 15 years
- Stubai Zoo Snow Park with pro, medium and easy/jib line
- Powder Department: Freeride Kompetenz Stubai with avalanche transceiver
- Accessible ice grotto 30 meters below the slopes
- TOP OF TYROL summit platform on 3,210 m
- Glacier culinary delights: Variety of restaurants and dishes
- 4x Intersport Stubai Glacier – Shop, rental, service, depot directly in the skiing area
The Schlick 2000 skiing area in Fulpmes scores with its speed track including time measurement, the snow park and the Free Nature Park, culinary delights in the restaurants and huts and especially with a lot of love for the children at BIG Ron’s Kids Land. 22 km of slopes and freeride routes make the Schlick 2000 skiing area a popular destination in winter especially for families.
- Largest skiing area in the front Stubaital with the impressive scenery of the Kalkkögel mountains
- Family skiing area with 22 kilometers of slopes on all levels of difficulty
- BIG Ron’s Kids Land with 4 conveyor belts, ski carousels etc. and a room for toddlers
- 9 rustic huts, bars and restaurants offer typical Tyrolean delicacies
- Snow Park Stubai Park Schlick 2000
- Speed track – who achieves the highest speed?
- Ideal flying area for paragliders and hang-gliders
- Free ski bus for skiers and all other guests
- Night tobogganing – ascent from 07:30-09:00 p.m. every Wednesday
Elferbahnen Neustift / Stubaital
The access to the skiing area is in the heart of Neustift im Stubaital. The small but excellent skiing area scores with marvelous carving slopes and offers the perfect runs for advanced skiers and pros. 7 kilometers of slopes as well as a floodlit 8-km toboggan run are a great combination for your Stubaital winter holidays.
- Skiing area with 7 km of perfectly groomed slopes
- Location with guaranteed snow on up to 2,100 meters
- 2 toboggan runs: Elfer-Pinnistal as well as Elfer-Neustift village
- Snow-shoe and winter hiking